The LWVBC’s 61st Annual Meeting and Luncheon will be held on Saturday, April 26 at the beautiful Deer Creek Country Club, 2801 Country Creek Blvd, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.
Registration and Continental breakfast: 9:30 a.m.
Business Meeting: 10:00 a.m.
Luncheon: 12:00 Noon
- The League will bestow its first LWVBC Opportunity Scholarship
- Terry Elder will accept the League’s Good Partner Award on behalf of the AARP
- Luncheon speaker will be Somy Ali, founder and president of No More Tears
Please join us! To RSVP, Call 954-735-1311. CLICK HERE FOR FLYER.
A Brown Bag Lunch on Sea-Level-Rise: County and City Solutions will be held at FAU, Fort Lauderdale, campus on Friday, April 4, from 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Free Event: Bring your lunch and discuss the issues with our panel of experts:
- Keren Bolter – FAU Geosciences PhD Candidate
- Jason Liechty – Environmental Projects Coordinator, Natural Resources Planning and Management Division, Broward County
- Tara Bardi – Senior Scientist & Education Director, Arthur R. Marshall Foundation for The Everglades
Florida Atlantic University
Fort Lauderdale Campus
Reubin O’D Askew Tower
220 SE 2nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
Parking available at: City Park Garage, 150 SE 2nd Street for $1.25 / hr.
Sponsored by: LWVBC, the Arthur Marshall Foundation for The Everglades, and the Oxbridge Academy of the Palm Beaches.
Open to all Broward County High School seniors who plan to attend Broward College in the fall of 2014.
Requirements include admission to Broward College and essay responses to two civic duty related topics. (100 – 125 words each).
REQUIRED MAJOR: N/A
DEADLINE: April 15, 2014
Mail completed application and both responses by April 15th
Scholarship dollars to be administered by Broward College.